Date: 2/6/18 1:44 pm
From: Jacob Mathison <jacobmathison1...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Valley Crossbills
I have had a few scattered individuals at my house in the Coast Range
foothills west of Finley NWR for a couple of months. Also, for the last
couple of days I have been hearing a rather large flock. Not certain on the
type, but I will try to record them. I haven't seen them anywhere else in
the Valley for months.

Jacob Mathison
jacobmathison1.wixsite.com/nature-photography

<http://jacobmathison1.wixsite.com/nature-photography>
"If you keep a green tree in your heart, perhaps a singing bird will
come." ~Chinese Proverb

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 1:26 PM, Craig Tumer <craig...> wrote:

> I had a single female Red Crossbill perched in the top of a coneless Doug
> fir at the edge of Graham Oaks Nature Park in Wilsonville at about 12:30
> today. I recorded its calls, attached the recordings to my eBird checklist,
> and sent a link to the checklist to Matt Young and Tim Spahr in hopes of
> getting onfirmation of crossbill type.
>
> This is the first RECR I've seen in the Valley this winter.
>
> Craig Tumer
> Portland

Join us on Facebook!