Date: 2/6/18 1:37 pm
From: cynthia burkhart <000000990b36e23b-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Red-Headed Woodpeckers
On this very dark, dreary, 32 degree day,with the lake completely frozen over, I was surprised to hear the Red-Headed Woodpeckers calling at the Eldon Haught Lakeside Recreation Area in Harrisville.  I thought I heard 3 birds, but was only able to locate 2.  At home, the Goldfinches and Pine Siskins, Blue Jays, Titmice, and Chickadees, are all becoming increasingly vocal.  Woodpeckers are drumming as well.   Not to be outdone, some daffodils are showing yellow buds!  Spring must not be far away.
Cynthia BurkhartRitchie County, WV

Join us on Facebook!