Date: 2/6/18 12:52 pm
From: Dominik Mosur <polskatata...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [SFBirds] Misc. observations 2/5/18 + additional comments
Just to clarify my comments regarding the Tanager reports, I'm not saying everyone reporting Tanager is confusing short calls of resident Nuttall's Woodpeckers with vocalizations of Tanagers, which are rare but somewhat regular in winter. Just urging caution with 'heard-only' birds and encouraging observers to try and get confirming looks as well as listen longer in case they have the same experience I did.

Thanks for reading, good luck out there.

Dominik

Sent from my iPhone

http://www.yahoogroups.com/

<*> Your email settings: