Date: 2/6/18 12:04 pm
From: Timothy Kadlecek <timkadlecek...>
Subject: [obol] off topic-bird photos from northern Tanzania
My friend Dan and I just returned from a 2 week birding trip to northern Tanzania and attached are some bird photos as well as some mammal and reptile photos taken. I still need to tally my total bird list but I think it is just shy of 400 species, only 7 of which I have seen before. For anyone thinking about a birding trip to Eastern Africa, I would highly recommend Tanzania Birding and Beyond. Our guide Anthony has to be the top bird guide in Tanzania and our driver Geitan was also top notch. There are a few species I’m not sure of and am waiting for confirmation from my guide. This includes one of the female sunbirds, what I’ve labeled as a Green Sandpiper and possibly an immature or molting bishop. Please let me know if I have mislabeled anything else.

Tim Kadlecek
Portland

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RCWBpf5wrrApNAsO2 <https://photos.app.goo.gl/RCWBpf5wrrApNAsO2>

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GNNcA6XRmWenfZlB2 <https://photos.app.goo.gl/GNNcA6XRmWenfZlB2>