Date: 2/6/18 11:45 am
From: James Wilson <birdmanjfw...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Woodpecker Trifecta
My daughter has had Pileated, Downy, Sapsucker and Red-bellied coming to a tree outside her kitchen window where she smears peanut butter. Two days ago she told me that she finally had a Hairy show up. (She initially thought it was just a fat Sapsucker.) I told her that it is every bird photographer's dream to get a photo with a Hairy and Downy in the same picture. So yesterday, she had a very active woodpecker day at her tree and spent most of the day staring at the tree while holding a camera. FINALLY she got her shot. She posted it on the MD birding facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MDBirding/

I am so proud of her! She has just gotten into birds in the past year. Now I told her to let me know when the Red-headed Woodpecker shows up.
Jim Wilson
Queenstown