Date: 2/5/18 6:30 pm
From: Tim Fennell <tfennell...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Good Birds at Imperial Reservoir
Texbirders,

I agree that this is not a Mountain Plover. I think that the ear spot alone eliminates Mountain Plover. I would think a Pluvialis at that location and this season (or any season?) would be a great sighting as well. It would be great to see some additional photos.

Cheers,
Tim Fennell
Round Rock,TX

To: <texbirds...>
Date: Monday, February 5, 2018, 5:22 PM

Hi David and
all,

This plover really
strikes me as Pluvialis.  It seems to have
that characteristic potbelly Pluvialis look.
The ear spot seems
very Pluvialis as well,
both the Golden- and B-b can show that dark
ear spot as in your photo.  Also the
upperparts color seems a cold
gray brown as
opposed to the sandy tan of a Mountain Plover.
Maybe it was a golden if the axillaries were
gray?

Like to hear what
others think and see more pix...

Mitch

Mitch
Heindel
Utopia,

On 2018-02-05 11:29, David Sarkozi wrote:

> We also had what we
concluded was a Mountain Plover. I got some
> extreme distance shots and John's
digiscope shots may be better.

> You can view our eBird checklist here:
> https://ebird.org/tx/view/checklist/S42483099
Edit your Freelists account settings for
TEXBIRDS at
http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

Reposting of traffic from
TEXBIRDS is prohibited without seeking permission
from the List Owner

http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner

Join us on Facebook!