Date: 2/5/18 5:07 pm
From: Charles Gates <cgates326...>
Subject: [obol] Total Species Per County
Since I'm attempting to keep accurate lists for all counties, I end up
with county totals which I try to post every year in January.  Can't
find January 2017 so I'm not sure I posted those numbers last year.
Anyway, below, you will see two tables.  The first table shows the 36
counties and the species totals for each.  The second table shows the 36
counties and how many new species they've added since January 2016 (the
last two years).

You will notice that Lincoln County jumped 8 species in this two year
period.  That was partially due to some great birds showing up but also
due to a comprehensive review of the list (mostly by Range Bayer and
Darrel Faxon) which found some earlier omissions. A few of the other
large leaps were, at least partly, due to Doug Robinson's "Birding
Blitzes" which helped fill in some residential species and a few rarities.

Enjoy!  You can view all of these county lists in their entirety at the
East Cascades Audubon County Checklists
<http://www.ecaudubon.org/county-checklists> site.

SPECIES TOTALS

29 Hood River 282