Date: 2/5/18 3:23 pm
From: <mitch...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Good Birds at Imperial Reservoir

Hi David and all,

This plover really strikes me as Pluvialis. It seems to have
that characteristic potbelly Pluvialis look. The ear spot seems
very Pluvialis as well, both the Golden- and B-b can show that dark
ear spot as in your photo. Also the upperparts color seems a cold
gray brown as opposed to the sandy tan of a Mountain Plover.
Maybe it was a golden if the axillaries were gray?

Like to hear what others think and see more pix...

Mitch

Mitch Heindel
Utopia,

On 2018-02-05 11:29, David Sarkozi wrote:

> We also had what we concluded was a Mountain Plover. I got some
> extreme distance shots and John's digiscope shots may be better.
>
> You can view our eBird checklist here:
> https://ebird.org/tx/view/checklist/S42483099
http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner