Date: 2/5/18 9:18 am
Subject: No Rough-legged Hawk ARNWR.
This morning, Feb. 5, I Searched for four hours and did 30 miles on the
Alligator River NWR in Dare County, NC. I was looking for the Rough-Legged
Hawk seen by dozens yesterday, and came up "empty handed." All of the
miles were put on Milltail and Long Curves Roads.

BiG BUmmer, but that's birding I guess.

Fortunately, I got to see:

1 Swainson's Hawk sitting on dirt mound at beginning of Long Curve and then
soaring with Red-Tailed Hawks along Milltail, close to Sawyer Road
intersection.

1 Leucistic Red-Tailed Hawk which was perched in pines on SW Side of
Milltail, then soaring (including kiting) with the other Red-Tailed Hawks

1 Peregrine Falcon flying high speed from Milltail westward down Sawyer
Road

1 Bobcat!!

Jim Gould
Southern Shores, NC