Date: 2/5/18 7:55 am
From: Tom Lawler <tjlawler...>
Subject: [COBOL] February Klamath Marsh Raptor Survey
On Sunday, February 4th, Diane Burgess and Kara Jakse joined me for the
Klamath Marsh raptor survey. We spent more time watching non-raptors than
raptors. Some of the non-raptor highlights were: 5 Gray Jays, 3 Black-backed
Woodpeckers, 73 Tundra Swans. There were many other species of small birds
in the forest. Lots of open water but few ducks in sight. We counted a mere
33 raptors as follows:

Red-tailed: 7

Roughy: 8

Unident Buteo: 1

Bald Eagle (Adult) 7

Harrier 9

Goshawk 1

The photographic highlight was a very cooperative Rough-legged that sat in a
Willow allowing us time to just observe and capture its beauty.

I wish to say again that this route is available for the 18-19 season if
anyone is interested.

Tom