Date: 2/5/18 7:05 am
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Coos/Curry 2/4/18
After seeing Phil P's posting from the north coast I realized I
had reported that 80% of the gulls at the north jetty of Gold Beach on
Sunday were Herring but I should have said Herring AND Thayer's. There
were quite a few Thayer's maybe as many as Herring. I did not spend much
time with the flock as the east wind was blowing pretty hard and it was in
the upper 40's. The warm weather the day before in Brookings spoiled me!

Enjoy,
Tim R
Coos Bay

On Sun, Feb 4, 2018 at 3:29 PM, Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
wrote:

> Just a few birds:
>
> Gold Beach early AM, sunny, 48F:
> 1- first cycle GLAUCOUS GULL at airport. At jetty there were maybe 150
> gulls, 80% Herring.
>
> Bethel SW Coos, heavy fog, 50s:
> I lucked into the continuing SAY’S PHOEBE about 1/4 mile SE of quarry on a
> fenceline. Three Bald Eagles in an area with a little visibility, lambing
> season now which attracts eagles.
>
> No sign of any falcons at Table Rock in Bandon around noon other than the
> resident Peregrine which sits atop the noth end of the rock a lot and a
> Merlin hunting the overlook area. Most of the gulls streaming by overlook
> were Herrings also.
>
> Enjoy!
> Tim R
> Coos Bay