Date: 2/4/18 7:45 pm
From: Paul Sullivan <paultsullivan...>
Subject: [obol] Troutdale Harris's Sparrow - maybe
After spending 6 hours watching the seed at the Harris's Sparrow spot north
of the Troutdale airport. I heard a little ruckus down in the blackberries.
I tip-toed over and looked down at the noise.

Tucked in a sheltered nook in the berry patch was a couple couches, a small
coffee table with a bowl of popcorn on it, and a tiny TV with the Superbowl
on. There were fox, song, Lincoln, golden-crowned sparrows, and a towhee,
partying. Being birds, they were rooting for the Eagles. I got a glimpse
of one bird, sitting on the floor at the other end of the couch, a shy gal,
half hidden. Might have been the Harris's.

Ahh well.

Paul Sullivan

Join us on Facebook!