Date: 2/4/18 7:40 pm
From: Barbara Combs <bcombs232...>
Subject: [obol] Banded Dusky Canada Geese with red neck collars
I found many Dusky Canada Geese at the end of Starlite Lane in Alvadore on January 29th this year.
Four of them had red neck collars. I was able to read the codes.
I sent the information to the bird banding lab.
All had been banded near Cordova, Alaska - three in July 2016 and one in July 2014.
They were very close together in the large, spread out flock of foraging geese.
I suspect they were all part of the same family, with many generations of geese staying together.

Barbara Combs
Lane County, OregonPOST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!