Date: 2/4/18 3:05 pm
From: Jody Williams <fisherwoods...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Marana Mountain Bluebirds, Burrowing Owls
After walking the back side of the old Marana Pecan Grove, I found three female gray phase Mountain Bluebirds at the corner of West Hardin and North Luckett roads.

Also re-found the Burrowing Owls on the access road to the Marana Water treatment plant. They had moved to a different hole about 25-30 feet from the one I first found.
They have to coexist with a pair of Northern Harriers and a Merlin. The sparrow-finch flocks along the seedy area by the road has at least 150 birds.

The pecan grove had Gila, Ladderback, Northern Flicker and Red-naped Sapsuckers.

John R Williams