Date: 2/4/18 2:28 pm
From: Lyndal York <lrbluejay...>
Subject: Re: On Topic: Orange-crowned Warblers
I have also had two Orange-crowned Warblers at my suet feeder since
mid-Dec. They are like hummingbirds, if one is on. the feeder the other
runs him/her off. One bird is a bit larger and more gray while the other is
slimmer and more olive green and yellower on the breast and under the tail.
I am guessing the larger bird is the female and she does most of the
running off. Sibley does not mention any size differences in male and
female. Also have had a Ruby-crowned Kinglet that kept its feathers fluffed
up during the real cold weather allowing a great view of the ruby crown
patch.

Lyndal York
Mid-town Little Rock

On Sat, Feb 3, 2018 at 5:28 PM, Jim Dixon <jamesdixonlr...> wrote:

> I’ve been suspecting that I had two separate Orange-crowned Warblers
> visiting my feeders this winter and today I had proof when they were both
> here at one time. Some winters I don’t get them at all, other winters I
> have one fairly regularly.
>
> Like the field of dreams, fill them and they will come.
>
> Jim Dixon
> Little Rock
> www.jamesdixon.us
> "There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You
> certainly usually find something, if you look, but it is not always quite
> the something you were after." — Thorin

Join us on Facebook!