Date: 2/4/18 1:19 pm
From: O Connell, Tim <tim.oconnell...>
Subject: Updates and announcements - Payne County Audubon Society
Dear Friends and Supporters of the Payne County Audubon Society,

Eleven of us - including several first-timers! - enjoyed an afternoon birding stroll at Sanborn Lake on Saturday (see trip list below). To help keep that momentum going, mark your calendars for our next official field trip on Saturday, March 24th when we’ll head to Lake Carl Blackwell. (https://paynecountyaudubonsociety.com/whats-new/)

Our next Thursday evening meeting will be March 1st at 7:00 pm when our own Jim Cowley will take us on a photo journey of the Lower Rio Grande Valley in Texas. (https://paynecountyaudubonsociety.com/events-calendar-2/)

Finally, the PCAS is excited to announce the 2018 competition for the Helen Miller and Edwin Glover Research Awards. The grants provide up to $1000 to students at any level conducting field-based research on any native plants or animals in Oklahoma. Special consideration will be given to projects that address the behavior, conservation, or natural history of birds. (https://paynecountyaudubonsociety.com/scholarships/)

Other reminders:

• Now that we’re in a new year, is your Audubon membership up to date? If not, or you’re wondering if you join for the first time in 2018, go here to learn more: https://paynecountyaudubonsociety.com/membership/.

• You can also support the PCAS every time you shop Amazon.com through the AmazonSmile Program! When you shop at AmazonSmile, Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price to Payne County Audubon Society. Bookmark this link and support us every time you shop: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/73-1222183.

Remember, ALL are welcome to our events and field trips. Membership is great and always encouraged, but the whole point of our little chapter is to help new folks learn more and see more of the natural world around them. Come join us - and bring a friend!

Good birding,
~Tim O’Connell
PCAS Vice President

Sanborn Lake, Payne, Oklahoma, US