Date: 2/4/18 12:12 pm
From: Patricia Valdata <pvaldata1...>
Subject: [MDBirding] No Somerset Snowy Owls
My husband and I checked out Deal Island WMA this morning to see if we
could relocate the two Snowy Owls reported on the 1st. We drove down
Drawbridge Road and "Green Dumpster" Road but had no luck. The rain began
while we were there, so I didn't get out to scope either area, but the only
white birds visible with binoculars were Tundra Swans and gulls.

We drove all the way across Deal Island to Wenona. If the owls are still
around, there's so much marshland they could be in that it's a
needle-in-a-haystack effort.

Pat Valdata
Crisfield, Somerset County