Date: 2/4/18 9:43 am
From: David Suddjian <dsuddjian...>
Subject: [cobirds] Otero County 2/3
Yesterday I went to Otero County for part 1 of DFOs weekend trip there.
Before the trip met in La Junta, I checked Holbrook Reservoir and Lake
Cheraw. Holbrook was nearly all open water with a cross-section of
ducks, 2 *Bald
Eagles*, lots of *Ring-billed Gulls* and some other waterbirds. Cheraw was
mostly frozen and had no waterbirds except for a few coots. A few flocks of
mostly *Snow Geese* plus small numbers of *Ross's* passed over going east.

Blaine Park (City Park) in La Junta had a *Gr. White-fronted Goose *and 4 *Wood
Ducks*.

At Vogel Canyon we had a *Rufous-crowned Sparrow*, *Canyon Wren* and 2
*Mountain
Chickadees *among others. The Rufous-crowned was along the Canyon Trail
immediately before the area of petroglyphs and graffiti with a display on
the left.

At dusk we drove CRs 25, 26 and R seeking *Short-eared Owl*, and had one
cross Road R very near 26. It was 6:04 pm

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton CO

Rufous-crowned Sparrow