Date: 2/4/18 2:55 am
From: Joseph C. Neal <joeneal...>
Subject: WINTER Summer Tanagers
Anyone else seeing Summer Tanagers this winter?

So far this winter, I know of 3 Summer Tanagers, starting with a female plumaged bird on December 10 and now in past few days, 2 male plumaged birds. This is in northwest Arkansas. Anyone else?

Kim Smith, Mike Mlodinow, and I wrote a short paper for Arkansas Academy of Sciences (vol 70: 293-294) about numerous summer Tanagers seen in northwest Arkansas in winter 2015-2016. We weren't sure how to account for so many tanagers here then, and not now, either.

Join us on Facebook!