Date: 2/3/18 7:38 pm
From: Scottjstoner <ScottJStoner...> [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [HMBirds] Results from HMBC field trip to Fort Edward grasslands
This afternoon about a dozen birders checked a variety of key sites in the Washington county grasslands  (fort edward grasslands) IBA. In chilly winds we found snowy owl.(photographed by several of us) about 5 northern harriers,  a half dozen rough legged hawks and an American Kestrel.  A quick detour to the Hudson river produced a bald eagle and about 20 common mergansers. Passerines were nearly absent. Thanks to all who braved the cold to join us on this fun afternoon!
P.S. after the trip had formally ended, Naomi L. stayed and added one short-eared owl!
Scott Stoner and Denise Hackert-Stoner Loudonville