Date: 2/3/18 5:57 pm
From: Alan Hopkins <alanhopkins...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] YB Sapsucker @ McLaren
Today in McLaren Park there was a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker in the Pines that are between the two bridges that are on the hill between John F. Shelley Dr. and McNab Lake.  The bird was in mostly juvenile plumage (which is good for yellow-bellied at this time of year) and had a white throat. The only red on the bird was a few feathers on the crown which I couldn't see in the field. It was there from 10:30 to about 10:45. It spent much of its time about 30 feet off the ground. There were also Nuttall's, Hairy, and Downy Woodpeckers in the area. The area was quite active with other birds, I may have seen an Orchard Oriole but didn't get a good enough look to be sure..
Alan Hopkins

http://www.yahoogroups.com/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional