Date: 2/3/18 5:24 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Curry Bullock’s O et al. 2/3/18
Had a choice to head north to chase the known or venture south and explore
the unknown this AM- I went south and it was gorgeous, sunny and 70F in
Brookings. I had my shorts on by 0900! It was hot out!! Here are
highlights, spent most of time in Brookings:

1- first winter male BULLOCK’S ORIOLE (corner of Spruce and Linden) in
leafless tree with robins.

2- SAY’S PHOEBES (in fields behind Strahm storage on Ocean View drive).

2- ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLERS in flowering Australian acacia with 4 Townsend’s
Warblers

A flock of 70 Cedar Waxwings, 2- White-throated Sparrows, a Turkey Vulture,
and 15 Red Crossbills.

In Pistol River there was one SNOW GOOSE with 5 GWF Geese and about 30
Canadas.

In Gold Beach there were 2 Purple Finches and a Slate-colored Junco at
Seevey’s feeders. Also two Turkey Vultures near the jetties. I didn’t stop
long in Gold Beach.

Did stop at Table Rock in Bandon around 5PM where I saw one Peregrine
sitting on Table Rock and as I was leaving another falcon at eye level that
may have been a Gyr (quick look as it coasted by, did not see any
moustachial stripe) am there again now (I turned around after briefly
seeing second falcon) but I think the falcons have retired. Thanks for
posting Andrew!

Flowers everywhere in Brookings including cherry trees, not native, but
felt seriously like spring!

Tim R
Coos Bay

Join us on Facebook!