Date: 2/3/18 5:14 pm
From: Yong Kong <yklitespeed...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] My own
I got out of my birding comfort zone in Atlantic County and did a modified version of North Shore Tour today. I started from Lake of the Lilies (thanks to all birders who reported redheads at this lake) and continued heading north, Manasquan Inlet and near by lakes, Shark River Inlet estuary, the jetty and all near by open waters, and ended up at the Roosevelt Avenue in Deal.

I stunk up the place and did not find my wish birds. That is Tufted Duck, Eurasian Wigeon. and previously reported Pacific Loon at Roosevelt Avenue ?

My high light of the day was meeting a young birder, Daniel at Wrek Pond with his mom. We tried for the Tufted Duck. Very brief but nice conversation with Daniel and his mom. I do not recall the last time I was out birding and having a live conversation with a birder that did not have gray hair.

I was so happy to get home after logging about 160 miles for the day, and take a walk at Homwoods with Cory and Pil.

Yong Kong
Camden County

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>
List help: <jerseybi-request...>