Date: 2/3/18 1:21 pm
Subject: Update on ruby throated hummingbirds on Hatteras
Hi Everyone

After those bitterly cold 10 days ( Jan. 2-12) gale winds, 3” rain and then
ice and 3” snow... followed by five more days of gale winds when the temps
were in the teens...

You may recall I sighted a few the immediate morning after the storm hit,
and then it dropped to no sightings for many days
By Jan. 18 I had 7 uniquely identifiable hummers using the feeders: two
adult males (one banded ), two females ( one banded), and three young
males. Prior to the storm we had a banded male and female but I cant
confirm if these were the same birds yet.

It is amazing they are here.

--
Ann Maddock <am.hummingbird.photos...> Hatteras Island, NC

Join us on Facebook!