Date: 2/3/18 12:35 pm
From: roger freeman <carrotguy55...>
Subject: [obol] May or June?, input requested by a Dutch colleague
Howdy OBOLers,
I have a Dutch colleague that will be travelling to the Pacific Northwest
(partly business) and was requesting some input on best birding times in
the mid May to mid June window. He is an active birder working on his
global life list. He has only been to the Salton Sea area and southern
California thus far for the USA. For sure, May/June slot is a good time
overall, but likely, for specific species like shorebirds, it may be
getting late. My inclination would be late May would be the sweet
spot ... .Not sure if he will be able to visit all of our main PNW
habitats (including coast, inland valleys, Cascades and high desert). A
suggested circuit of key stops starting from Sacramento and working north
and east would be helpful.

I know we have a ton of experience on this list serve for such a wish
list. Also, there is likely literature to aid in setting this up.

If you have thoughts or suggestions, please reply to me separately via
email, unless you feel your response is of interest to the whole
community.

BTW, he knows about Noah :) and of course Arjen.

Good birding and thanks!

Roger Freeman
Silverton, OR

Join us on Facebook!