Date: 2/3/18 11:58 am
From: Brandon Green <brandon.green18...>
Subject: [obol] Eugene area, 2/3
I birded a little around Eugene for a few hours this morning. Delta Ponds
was unusually quiet. Lots of Yellow-rumps, Chickadees, and GW Teal, but not
much else. Didn't see a single Wigeon or Wood Duck, and only had a single
pair of Shovelers. Best birds were a BLACK PHOEBE and a BALD EAGLE (first
time I've ever seen the latter there). I also spotted a couple of
hatch-year PB GREBES... didn't expect to see fledglings this early.

I then birded the Cantrell/Neilsen Rd. area of Fern Ridge. Activity was
subdued there as well. It was the first time I've birded that area in the
winter without finding a Lincoln's Sparrow. Best finds were a
RED-SHOULDERED HAWK, a flock of 60+ PIPITS, and a half-dozen or so WESTERN
BLUEBIRDS. I also came across good-sized flock of ZONOS (all GCs, from what
I could tell) in front of one of the homes on Neilsen.

Full lists are on eBird.

Brandon
Eugene

Join us on Facebook!