Date: 2/3/18 6:05 am
From: <mvjohnski...>
Subject: [cobirds] First Cranes in San Luis valley
The first sightings of 2018 occurred in the last few days as two different
persons reported a group of 5 seen (Alamosa County). While they are the
first for the year, they may actually be some of the few that wintered here
and were counted on the Christmas Bird Count. With no snow cover, food has
been available all winter. I just returned from a few days in Bosque doing
some photography and those birds will soon be headed our way. In mid
February, the Monte Vista Refuge should be dancing with cranes. Will keep
you posted along the way.

John Rawinski
Monte Vista, CO