Date: 2/2/18 11:39 pm
From: Oscar Harper <oeharper3...>
Subject: [obol] Lincoln Co. Ruff continues
Hi all,

Hendrik, Jacob Mathison and I birded the central Lincoln Coast today. We
spent quite a bit of time at Ona Beach (joined by John Sullivan, Joshua
Little and Chuck Philo), trying without success to relocate the
Black-and-white Warbler. The place was stuffed with Fox Sparrows and we did
encounter a nice mixed chickadee flock, but no warbler. :(

However, the RUFF was still hanging out with Greater Yellowlegs, Dunlin and
Long-billed Dowitchers in the previously posted location on N Beaver Creek
Rd. (about milepost 2.3).

Drizzly conditions later in the day somewhat hampered our birding efforts,
and we failed to find the Glaucous Gull in the (somewhat reduced) gull wad
at the South Jetty gull puddle (or anywhere else). No sign of Long-tailed
Ducks at the Fishing Pier, but we found a nice female BARROW'S GOLDENEYE
there.

Still a fun day on the coast. As Wayne mentioned earlier, a herring spawn
seems to be imminent in Yaquina Bay, so it may be worthwhile to keep an eye
out for some action there soon.

Jacob and Hendrik can add anything I forgot.

Good birding

Oscar

Join us on Facebook!