Date: 2/2/18 6:31 pm
From: Katey Buster <kateynaturelady...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Good looks at Elegant Trogon, Black-capped Gnatcatcher, and Crissal Thrasher today between Proctor and Whitehouse Picnic Area trails
Finally I had good looks at all these three species in one day ....all in less than one mile from each other.   CRISSAL THRASHERS  are doing their mating calls and you can hear them often from Proctor parking lot and the BLACK-CAPPED GNATCATCHERS  are right up the trail, and they too are usually heard before seen....hopefully they will nest again in the area.     The adult male ELEGANT TROGON was very visible for about 15 minutes flitting from tree to tree,  near the spot where some very naughty vandals spray painted graffiti in huge letters on a boulder in the creekbed....in hot pink!   (SO SAD!)   ( My ebird report has photos of these three birds.)
Katey BusterGrand Junction, CO