Date: 2/2/18 1:55 pm
From: James Phillips <jimandjudyphillips...>
Subject: How do you decide best bird for the day?
Judy got a snow day today and here's a sample of the birds we have seen-
American Kestrel perched on a power line with a mouse
Female Hairy Woodpecker at the feeder.
16 bald Eagles at the mouth of the Bluestone River. One caught a fish and
was immediately chased by six others for several minutes
27 Common Ravens interacting in flight
Two chickadees fussing at the Screech Owl that was sunning in the opening
of one of our nest boxes in the apple tree in the yard.
Nine male and three female Eastern Bluebirds feeding in sumacs along our
driveway with full sun on them and 3-4 " of fresh snow on the ground
Fox Sparrow and male Towhee under the feeder
Hard to decide the best sighting but we are leaning toward the bluebirds.
Enjoy the birds!
Jim & Judy Phillips
Summers County
Pipestem, WV