Date: 2/2/18 11:45 am
From: Jon Stippick <jonstippick...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Gloucester County - Snow Buntings
There were 11 Snow Buntings at the National Park- Dredge Spoils this morning. Jeff M. had them yesterday. It was windy up there! I got there before sunrise hoping for some owl activity but there was none. There were a lot of gulls flying over, the 3 expected species. I counted about 250 Ring-billed flyover in 10 minutes. I had an Iceland Gull flyover here a few days ago while my little guy was playing on the playground.
I've been on a quest for a Lesser Blacked-back Gull in Gloucester County but I haven't been able to track one down though I've spent many hours scanning gulls, mostly at Timber Creek. I'm finally getting around to filling in the gaps of my county list, which I've never intentionally focused on so there are lots of easy birds to get this year. It's a lot of fun to have a birding goal. It's motivation to go places you might not go otherwise. Snow Buntings were #200.
Now that it's February, I'm getting antsy. Spring arrivals will start trickling in in a matter of weeks.

Go Eagles!

Jon Stippick
Franklin Twp., Gloucester County
jonstippick at gmaildotcom