Date: 2/2/18 5:03 am
From: Paul Sullivan <paultsullivan...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Pre 2002 OBOL archive?
Wow, Bob,

I had no idea this archive was there. I thought that all OBOL posts pre-Dec
2012 (posts before the current FreeLists service) were lost in some obscure
cyber-closet, never to be found except by the very computer-savvy.

It took me a little hunting to find the page that Bob posted in his link.
To get to the page you have to:
1. go to the main OBA webpage http://www.orbirds.org/
2. click on "our listserves"
3. select OBOL from the drop-down menu
4. then click on "Search OBOL archives 2002-2012" on the sidebar

There are also links to many of the other lists in Oregon, e.g. Lincoln
County, Portland Area, Umpqua Area...

This still doesn't address Maitreya's original inquiry. If you want OBOL
posts from before 2002, good luck. Unlike printed material in
brick-and-mortar libraries, past listserv incarnations disappear into
cyberspace.

:-(

Paul Sullivan

---------------------------

Subject: Re: Pre 2002 OBOL archive?
Date: Thu Feb 1 2018 23:11 pm
From: baro AT pdx.edu

Just on the OBOL web page

http://www.orbirds.org/obolarchives.html

I just searched there for Tropical Kingbird just to check the search
function and got 216 'hits'

Bob OBrien

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 3:25 PM, Leith McKenzie <dmarc-noreply...>
wrote:

Is there an accessible archive of the OBOL posts made prior to 2002? I have
a dim recollection of this having been discussed in this forum some years
back, if so a link to that prior thread would be great. Thanks.

Maitreyaloinneilceol AT yahoo.com

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!