Date: 2/2/18 4:28 am
From: Jimmy Woodard <j.woodard...>
Subject: FW: eBird Report - Fort Cobb Lake, Feb 1, 2018
Larry Mays and I ended our birding day at Ft Cobb Lake. never have I seen so many birds
In one place in Oklahoma. The water was covered with pelicans, cormorants, gulls and
Mallards. The skies were full of skeins of geese coming over in wave after wave. Most of
the bays on the east side of the lake were full of packs of geese, mostly Cackling.
The scene we saw yesterday evening was reminiscent of the millions of birds one can see
flooding into Cheyenne Bottoms in central Kansas in spring. It was an impressive and awe
inspiring sight.

Jimmy Woodard
Midwest City, OK

Fort Cobb Lake, Caddo, Oklahoma, US