Date: 2/2/18 3:54 am
From: Scott Weidensaul <scottweidensaul...>
Subject: Re: sources for hackberry CELTIS OCCIDENTALIS
The hackberry discussion has been fascinating and helpful. But just a gentle reminder to all that full name and location are appreciated in all PABIRDS posts, so those of us reading them know roughly where in the 47,000 square miles of Pennsylvania a particular poster (along with their observations and suggestions) is to be found.

With thanks,

Scott Weidensaul
Schuylkill Haven, PA

> On Feb 2, 2018, at 6:13 AM, Josh Donaldson <jd425...> wrote:
>
> "Go Native Tree Farm, Lancaster, https://www.gonativetrees.com/
> Hilltop Hollow Farm, Bellefonte, http://www.hilltophollowfarm.com/
> Winghaven Nursery, Coburn, http://winghavennursery.com/
>
> You can also check our website (http://www.panativeplantsociety.org/) soon
> to see the list of plants for our May 5, 2018 sale, to see if they will be
> available. You can pre-order and pick them up at the sale.
>
> Debra Grim"
>
> Thank you Debra! We have planted a number of trees for birds and Hackberry would be an excellent addition (I've never considered it before). We already have Pin Oak, 2 Black Gum, Tuliptree, Dogwoods, Douglas Fir, Washington Hawthorn, a Crabapple, Red Cedar, and Planetrees (Sycamore) along with various maples and a Black Walnut. The Firs seem to be a good "staging area" for feeder birds, also where they fled to when Mr. Cooper Hawk shows up.

Join us on Facebook!