Date: 2/1/18 8:25 pm
From: Michael Hobbs <birdmarymoor...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Marymoor Park (Redmond, King Co.) 2018-02-01
Tweets – our last walk before Imbolc was as drab and uneventful as one would expect. The weather wasn’t bad, with periodic mizzle and drizzle, only a few breezy moments, and warm temps., but it wasn’t very birdy.

Highlights:
a.. Cackling Goose – about 500 overhead, with a good number landing on grass fields
b.. Horned Grebe – one WELL out from Lake Platform
c.. Green Heron – atop beaver lodge across from Dog Central yet again
d.. Barn Owl – only owl, and not seen after around 6:30
e.. Lincoln’s Sparrow – one from Viewing Mound – first of 2018
f.. “Slate-colored” Junco – with good-sized flock of juncos in the middle of the Dog Meadow
We were a bit discombobulated all morning, since Lots C and D were closed, and we had to start the walk from the Viewing Mound. This meant we did the mansion loop first. Change – very hard. :)

That’s it for highlights, really. We were excited to finally get a NORTHERN FLICKER at the Rowing Club, raising our woodpecker count to one bird each of two species (the other was a female DOWNY WOODPECKER). Our only finches were somewhere around six HOUSE FINCHES.

We did have the first (barely) blooming Indian Plum.

Misses included American Wigeon, Ring-necked Duck, Cooper’s Hawk, and Bushtit. Everything else we missed has been seen on less than 50% of previous years.

For the day, an even 50 species. For 2018, we’re at 71 species.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== <BirdMarymoor...>