Date: 2/1/18 4:30 pm
From: David Suddjian <dsuddjian...>
Subject: [cobirds] Y-billed Loon and Ww Scoter continue at South Platte Park Res., plus
Late this afternoon I saw the *Yellow-billed Loon* and adult male *White-winged
Scoter* at South Platte Park Reservoir, both in Arapahoe Co. A *Long-tailed
Duck* flew over from the south and turn to the east and never landed. Gulls
were moving toward Chatfield, nearly all were *Ring-billed*, but I saw one
adult *Lesser Black-backed Gull*, and a few *Herrings*, too.

‚Äč
In other notes, DFOs Jan 30 field trip to Victor, Teller Co seeking
Rosy-Finches found some at the blue house at Diamond x 5th on the north
side of town. Feeders were stocked, and a flock of about 100 (mostly
*Gray-crowned*, at least some *Black*) appeared overhead around 10:45, and
roamed over the area for a few minutes before settling in the aspens near
the feeders. Alas, too soon a crow flew in and flushed the flock. They flew
off to the east-southeast and we did not see them again. A little later we
saw 2 *Blacks* and one *Brown-capped *in the aspens. The yard with feeders
along nearby Road 861 (off CR 86) had a lot of seed out, and a lot of bird
activity. It looked ripe for Rosies, but we didn't see any. A *Northern
Shrike* was at Road 81 near Hwy 67.

An adult *Harris's Sparrow* has been appearing in my Ken Caryl Valley yard
since early December. I last saw it on Jan 25, but it has been sporadic
lately and I suspect it is still here.

By the way, DFO's March field trips are now posted and open for
registration, featuring more fun Big Year 2018 outings!

https://dfobirds.org/FieldTrips/UpcomingTrips.aspx

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton, CO