Date: 2/1/18 1:32 pm
From: Scott Judd <scottmjudd...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET Re: TWO Skokie Snow Goose - white and blue. YES
At about 2 PM, I parked in the public parking lot on the east side of
McCormick, just south of Touhy, just west of the Channel.

I then walked south all the way to Pratt, seeing only Canada Geese and
Mallards along the way.

On the way back north, just as I was about to give up after scanning
several groups of Canada Geese, both on land and in the water, in flew both
a white and blue-morph Snow Goose from the northwest.

They landed very close to me on the grass among a couple dozen Canada
Geese. I watched them for ten mins or so, and they were still there when I
left.

White:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/jDhtZj4VuQAT1ehA2

Blue:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mF0kF0CoMbL2oTBz1

Both:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/o0yATV07G0qIc53o2

Good birding,

Scott Judd
Rogers Park, Chicago, Cook County

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 1:11 PM, <mcvetas...> [ILbirds] <
<ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:

> The North Shore Channel poses some challenges when it comes to city
> borders.
>
> South of Touhy to Devon Ave., both the east and west sides of the channel
> belong to the city of Lincolnwood.
>
> North of Touhy, both the east and west sides are considered Skokie until
> Main St.
>
> From Main St/ north, the border of Skokie/Evanston is roughly down the
> middle of the channel, itself. East side Evanston; west side Skokie.
>
> Most probably could care less. I know. Since I enjoy keeping track of my
> Evanston and Skokie birds, I pay close attention.
>
> Matthew Cvetas
> Evanston, IL

Join us on Facebook!