Date: 2/1/18 12:55 pm
From: Mia Revels <0000004e74e60ce3-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Nickel Preserve Winter Bird Count is this Saturday, February 3, 8:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Hello Oklahoma Birders!

Just a reminder that the Nickel Preserve Winter Bird Count is coming up
this weekend, Saturday February 3 from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm. I hope that many
of you can make it over to help out. For future reference, Jeremy Tubbs
and I have discussed scheduling the count on the first Saturday in February
every year for the foreseeable future.

If you haven't visited the Nickel Preserve yet, this is a great opportunity
to bird in one of the most beautiful natural areas in Oklahoma. The
preserve is located in the foothills of the Ozark Mountains with the scenic
Illinois River adjacent to some areas:
http://www.nature.org/ourinitiatives/regions/northamerica/unitedstates/oklahoma/placesweprotect/j-t-nickel-family-nature-and-wildlife-preserve.xml

We will meet at the new Edmondson Public Access​ Area (formerly known as
Combs Public ​Access Area)​ just east of the new combs bridge. Turn off Hwy
10 just a few miles northeast of Tahlequah to get there. Jeremy Tubbs (the
Preserve Director) and I will pass out bird checklists/maps and we will
organize into groups with assigned areas to cover.

After a lovely day of counting birds, we will all meet at the Preserve
Headquarters at 2:00 pm for some hot soup-like dish (unlike previous
counts, I have not determined the menu)​. Please feel free to contribute a
dessert, bread, or side dish, but do not feel at all obligated to do so.
Also, if you want to drink something other than water, please BYO. At that
time we will compile a species list for the day (with numbers to be
tabulated later). I look forward to seeing you there! Oh, and if you can
let me know to expect you, that would help a lot with planning groups and
such. Thanks!

Happy Birding!
​Mia Revels​

--
Mia Revels, Ph.D.
Professor of Biology

***CONFIDENTIALITY*** -This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain
confidential, proprietary and privileged information. Any unauthorized
disclosure or use of this information is prohibited.

Join us on Facebook!