Date: 2/1/18 12:52 pm
From: Ron Rovansek <rrovansek...>
Subject: Re: Hackberry Birds: Evening Grosbeaks
Cucumber Magnolia is actually pretty common in many parts of PA. It tends to grow in moist ravines with Tulip Poplar and has a bark and overall form similar to Tulip Poplar. I often have to look twice to ID a Cucumber Magnolia because the bark is so similar to Tulip Poplar, and in the tall forests where they both live in can be hard to see the leaves and fruit high overhead.

Ron Rovansek
Centre County