Date: 2/1/18 12:54 pm
From: Rafael Adams <soposup...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Northern Maine woodpeckers question
I'm planning a 2-3 day road trip to the nether regions of far north Maine
in a couple weeks (so long as its not snowing), and am curious if I have
any shot at 3-toed and/or black-backed woodpeckers? I'm pretty sure they
don't migrate south or we would get one every now and then, and what kind
of bird goes north when its cold? I also hope to see ruffed and spruce
grouse, boreal chickadee and gray jay. Any tips appreciated.