Date: 2/1/18 12:44 pm
From: Carole Hughes <ceruleanwarbler4...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] Trumpeters
Hi Susan,
I had scope looks at four Trumpeter Swans at Assunpink this morning. Two adults and two juveniles. When I stopped back by later in the morning there were also two Mute Swans further to the left which made for a good size comparison. The adult Trumpeters were of equal size to the Mute Swans. Observed through the scope the juvenile’s bill was pink but with a significant amount of black at the base and black at the tip. Not sure what your friend meant by a spot before the eyes, but there was no evidence of yellow in the lores on the two adults.

Hope this helps.

Carole Hughes
Verona, NJ

Sent from Mail for Windows 10