Date: 2/1/18 7:49 am
From: <shovelor...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Talking Water Gardens Swallows and Teal
What makes you so confident that the hen isn’t a cinnamon hen? From my experience they are very similar, and seeing as it appears to be paired with a cinnamon drake, and given the wintering location (where a blue wing would be quite rare) this seems to be the most likely conclusion.

Not trying to stir things up, but this appears to be a cinnamon teal pair. Good birding!

-Jon
Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 1, 2018, at 7:09 AM, <jeffharding...> <jeffharding...> wrote:
>
> There were both Tree and Barn Swallows at Talking Water Gardens (Albany, Linn County) yesterday. At least two of the Barn and one of the Tree, at least two more I failed to get a good look at.
>
> There were two pairs of teal in the central channel. One of the hens was a Blue-winged Teal, and the drake Cinnamon with it appeared to have Blue-winged traits, extensive spotting on the sides, and a pale area in the front of it's face. Here's a photo:
> https://flic.kr/p/FQEGT5
>
> Good birding,
> Jeff
>
> Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone