Date: 2/1/18 7:20 am
From: <wolfies.hound...>
Subject: [COBOL] February 1st
Out with a dog around 5 this morning, just in time to hear my first Western Screech Owl of the year, calling from a nearby tree. Later this morning, when I flipped my owl kitchen calendar from January to February, as karma would have it, February is an EASTERN Screech Owl 🦉.

I have now seen a Northern Pygmy-Owl in the same spot on a power line about two miles towards town from our house, on my way to work in the morning , btw 8:30 & 9. Haven't yet heard any calling around the property yet and only an occasional GHO.

Sue Tank
About 10 miles N of Sisters

Sent from my iPad