Date: 2/1/18 7:14 am
From: Frank Hamilton <fhamil06...>
Subject: Hummingbirds wintering in Carolinas
Recently, there have been posts about hummingbirds seen in winter.  I've also seen a 2014 episode of SCETV's "Expeditions" show where the host, Dr. Patrick McMillan, stated Rufous hummingbirds had become so prevalent they are now considered as winter visitors in the Carolinas.  I've never seen this bird locally and am wondering if I should put out a nectar feeder.  Has this bird been seen in or around Charleston, SC and the lowcountry?  The same goes for wintering Ruby-throats.  Thank you in advance to anyone who can address my questions.
 Frank HamiltonCharleston, SC

Join us on Facebook!