Date: 1/31/18 9:16 pm
From: <rosita94598...> [EBB_Sightings] <EBB_Sightings-noreply...>
Subject: [EBB_Sightings] Lake Merritt, Arrowhead marsh and Garretson Point Jan 31
The Mt. Diablo Audubon Society field trip today started at Lake Merritt, where we found plenty of ducks, including Barrow's Goldeneyes. A surprising Brown Creeper was seen in a tree near the buildings just east(?) of the aviary. We drove to Arrowhead Marsh for the high tide and found Ridgeway's Rails and Soras, along with other species, including a Spotted Sandpiper at the channel to the east. Snow Geese were in the mitigation area along the entry road, and a Burrowing Owl was prominent. We finished with lunch at Garretson Point where we had three teal species, N Pintails, N Shovelers, lots of Avocets, dowitchers, Dunlins, Stilts and others. We tallied 81 species for the group.

Hugh B. Harvey
Walnut Creek

Join us on Facebook!