Date: 1/31/18 5:20 pm
From: Sandra Keller <sandrakeller...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Cranes and Shorties - cumberland, husted landing
Phew.... the wind didn't die down and I thought I was going to be skunked
again! But no, I had 2 Shorties - medium distance out. Very nice to see!
Please see my ebird report for exact times.

I have to enter yet though. I did offline lists. I used a lot of cellular
on Monday in north Jersey.

The cranes didn't come in til late. I was getting ready to leave!
Then there they were. Had them in flight for a couple minutes, calling,
beautiful! Then they went down to the west for the night.

I hit Stow Neck Rd. in Salem county. I am on a quest for a Salem Snowy Owl!
Not today...

Bayside was fairly slow also. The birds just aren't around much yet. Well
if they went further south with our big freeze up, they should stay there.

Loads of Geese flocks. I couldn't find anything Unusual. Again, I wasn't trying
too hard. If I scoped every flock well, I never would have made it to Husted
Landing.

Good birding all. Eagle festival is this Sat. I'll be there! Hope to see people
there!

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>