Date: 1/31/18 3:38 pm
From: Michael Welch <mjwelch244...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Williamson's Sapsucker in Patagonia
Our Sun City Oro Valley bird club was in the Patagonia area today. A nice
couple stopped to tell us about a Williamson's Sapsucker nearby. We were
able to find the bird. Here are the directions: From highway 82, turn on
4th St toward Paton's. Take the first right onto Mendoza, which is
basically a narrow, paved Alley. About halfway to 3rd St, there is a yard
with a dark blue Toyota pickup with white wheel covers. The Sapsucker was
in the trees on the 4th St side of the property. It is a narrow road and
people use this, so please do not block the road. There is room to pull
over.

We also found the Red-breasted Sapsucker in the usual spot and completed
the western Sapsucker trio with two Red-naped at Paton's. The
Patagonia-Sonoita Sanctuary was very birdy, with both Eastern and Western
Bluebirds, Cedar Waxwings, tons of sparrows and lots more.

Michael Welch
Oro Valley