Date: 1/31/18 2:49 pm
From: <KatBirdCA...> [EBB_Sightings] <EBB_Sightings-noreply...>
Subject: [EBB_Sightings] Tropical Kingbird at Niles Community Park, Fremont
I am re-sending the below message, which I originally sent out on Monday, 1/29, but was not posted to the list (Yahoo Groups site was experiencing technical difficulties).

Update:  The bird was still being seen this morning (1/31).

Hi birders,

While birding at Niles Community Park in Fremont (37361 3rd St.) this afternoon (1/29/18), I found a Tropical Kingbird. I first saw it flycatching from trees in and around the lawn north of the parking lot. After a little while, it moved slightly southeast, where it continued to flycatch in the trees next to a chain-link fenced area containing a large (propane?) tank and a small metal shed. After following it around for around 45 minutes, I finally lost track of it around 5:30 as the light was fading.

Good birding,
Kathy Robertson
Hayward, CA

Join us on Facebook!