Date: 1/31/18 12:55 pm
From: Tom Crabtree <tc...>
Subject: [COBOL] No Emperor goose at Hatfield today
I went out to Hatfield Lake this morning in search of the Emperor Goose and other goodies that Peter and Damian found yesterday. The only geese were two Canadas on each pond. Presumably the Greater White-fronts and Emperor are hanging out at some other pond in Central Oregon that isn’t regularly covered by birders. The closest to Hatfield would be Pronghorn Resort (about 5 miles away if any are open water) and the Schwab pond on Johnson Market Road (about 7 miles away). Keep your eyes open.

The Eurasian Wigeon was still present on the second pond along with one Common Goldeneye. I didn’t see or hear any Killdeer, but I didn’t spend a lot of time scanning for shorebirds.

Tom Crabtree, Bend