Date: 1/31/18 12:32 pm
From: Mark Stevenson <drbrdr...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Tucson: Santa Cruz River warblers
Hi Birders,

This morning Molly Pollock and I drove past Sweetwater Wetlands to the end of Sweetwater Drive, walked the paved path out to "The Loop" paved path and headed north on it. (This first part is in an eBird checklist mapped at Roger Road WRF). We proceeded farther north along the path to where
the outfall from the wastewater treatment plant brings life to the Santa Cruz River stream bed. We walked north about 0.7 miles from there. (eBird checklist entered in personal location named "Santa Cruz R--Roger Road outflow".

Highlights included a NORTHERN PARULA first seen about 0.4 mile N of the outflow. It flew from the thin riparian corridor over toward the new wastewter plant. When we returned along the path, it (or another) was present about 50 yards N of the outflow.

About 70 yards N of the outflow we heard then saw a YELLOW WARBLER. Farther north were two Black-throated Gray Warblers. Molly heard and saw a
WILSON'S WARBLER near the two tent homeless camp.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more surprises to be found in this area. Many of the deciduous trees still have plenty of leaves.

Good birding,
Mark Stevenson
Tucson, AZ